Shane Warne and Kuldeep Yadav
Shane Warne and Kuldeep Yadav. (Photo Source: Twitter)

Left-arm wrist spinner Kuldeep Yadav always shared a very special bond with Shane Warne as the latter was spotted talking to the 28-year-old multiple times in the past. Thus, Warne’s untimely demise shocked the Indian spinner and he has revealed the kind of relationship he used to share with the late great Australian spin wizard.

Kuldeep mentioned that it felt like he had lost someone close after hearing the news of Warne’s passing in March 2022. The spinner also added that he had a chat with Warne just 10 days prior to his passing and also stated that he cried after learning the news.

“I was shocked to hear about his demise. I actually cried. I didn’t understand. It felt like someone close to me passed away. I was always in touch with him. I spoke with him 10 days before he died,” Kuldeep said in the second episode of the latest season of the Breakfast with Champions YouTube show.

Notably, ahead of Kuldeep’s first Test in Sydney back in 2019, Warne used to meet him every day before the first session and would motivate the cricketer to do well. Eventually, the Kanpur-born cricketer picked up a stunning five-for in the match and dedicated it to Warne, who became emotional after Kuldeep’s heartwarming gesture.

Meanwhile, Kuldeep also revealed the role Warne played in his growth as a cricketer. The spinner also mentioned that the Warne always motivated him, and asked him to stay happy on the ground and that’s all that eventually mattered to him.

“Sometimes, I used to feel proud that I had seen him (Shane Warne) on TV. And then, I became his friend. I got to learn from him at the same time. And I want to do what he has done. He helped me a lot during the Australia tour. I was a little nervous before the match. I used to meet him in the morning. He came to me and said, 'I don’t know what you are going to bowl, but I want you to be happy on the ground. I will be watching you from the pavilion. It doesn’t matter how you bowl. Just do it with a smile.

“So, I remembered this. And I was doing the same thing on the ground. I did not feel the pressure in that match. And when I took five wickets, I dedicated it to him. He had tears in his eyes. He couldn't believe it. So, he has influenced my life a lot," Kuldeep added.



from Cricket News: Latest and Breaking Cricket News & Updates Today | CricTracker.com https://ift.tt/fEDbJUR