Ishant Sharma
Ishant Sharma (Jio Cinema)

Before his recent inclusion in the Delhi Capitals Playing XI, Indian pacer Ishant Sharma hadn't featured in an Indian Premier League (IPL) game since 2021. However, he has made a quick impact for Delhi Capitals (DC) in the ongoing IPL season. After five straight defeats, the David Warner-led side have now won two matches in a row, with Ishant picking three wickets in two appearances.

The 34-year-old pacer dealt with another setback on his way to a comeback in the ongoing IPL. He was sick for almost three days after arriving in Bangalore for DC's fifth game against the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). He has recently opened up about his health conditions at that time.

In a recent video shared by Delhi Capitals, Ishant talked about the story behind the same to his fellow teammate Axar Patel.

“When I got the energy to stand a little bit, I picked the food tray and came to your room and said, ‘Tereko sharam toh aati nahi, ek baar bhi phone nahi kiya. Mai jee raha hu, marr raha hu, tune mujhe ek baar poocha bhi nahi,” Ishant said.

To this Axar replied: “I was praying for you. My prayers worked wonders for you in the match. You won a prize worth Rs. 1 Lakh.”

See the video here:

DelhiCapitals
Delhi Capitalsverified@DelhiCapitals
Our favorite host Bapu is back with an all new episode of #DhaiAxarGameKe 🤩 Head over to our YouTube and Facebook to watch the full conversation with none other than Ishu Bhai in our first episode of #IPL2023 💙 #YehHaiNayiDilli @akshar2026 @ImIshant
09:36 PM · Apr 28, 2023
like87retweet2

'I was working hard behind the scenes' - Ishant Sharma on his dramatic comeback

Continuing with the interaction, Axar asked about Ishant's comeback and the things he worked on while not playing. The 34-year-old pacer stated that he focused on things he could not give time to and improved during the course of his career.  He went on to say that he used the time to enhance his bowling and get back into bowling shape.

“I was working hard behind the scenes. I worked on things I couldn’t give time to and improve in all these years of cricket. Technical flaws such as my wrist would fall to one side. I would get tired pretty early. I tried finding reasons behind the same. I spoke to someone about my bowling. So I used this time I had to work on these things. To improve my bowling and to get back into bowling shape,” Ishant said.



from Cricket News: Latest and Breaking Cricket News & Updates Today | CricTracker.com https://ift.tt/Qi7qM6a